CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 07, 2005

Carbondale's halloween festival

"Haroween is just a pleasant festival," I had thought until I studied about it. I knew only that originatlly had an image of driving out the evil which tries to possess someone, but recently it was given new image by some people. I studied about Halloween history in Carbondale by the articleDairy Egyptian: Back to campus August 1996: halloween still haust SIUC, Carbondale, and had conversations with two Americanpeople. In the article, the riots continued from 1989 to 1994 until "fall break was created." "overturned cars, indecent exposure, slam-dancing and crowd-driving are allevents...," I can understand how awful it was when I just read the article.

I asked two American people why that riot happened and they answered with some reasons:"Carbondale is near Chicago; Carbondale's bar fee is less expensive than Chicago's, Atmosphere, stress or some other things. By creating "fall break,: which got studects to haveCarbondale to keep them from rioting, some of the riots have not happened lately. However this has caused a decrease in bar owcer's profits from Halloween. I understood they have so many problems, but I don't know whether it is better to select that "fall break" or not.

Sosuke Uematsu

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I know that I would like to have a fall break! It would give me a chance to leave town and visit people.