CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

DNA testing & the death penalty

I investigated DNA (deoxyribonucleic aid) testing using the website,"DNA testing & the death penalty." DNA is an essential molecule which is part og every cell in our body such as skin, saliva, semen, blood or hair, etc. DNA testing helps accuratelu convict or exonerate. I heard that there wew a lot or suspects who received a wrong decion in the world, so DNA ersting is very important to solve many crimes. I hope that a wrong decision and crimes will be lost.

I asked some questions to three Americans. First is “What do you think about DNA testing?” and they said, “It is very practical to solve some crime. It is terrible that DNA testing can specify a person from one hair.” Second is “What do you know about DNA testing?” and they said, “I don’t know too much well. But I know that DNA testing can help them get much information from small things such as hair.” Third is “Do you know some crimes which were solved thanks to DNA testing? If you know some cases, please tell me.” and they said, “I don’t know in detail but there are many crimes which were solved by DNA testing.” Finally I asked that “I learned that the death penalty increase the murder rate. Do you know the reason?” and one guy said, “I don’t want to receive a punishment, so I think that, on the contrary, crimes decrease.” and the others said, “I think that there is a person enjoying thrill in a criminal. Also, someone wants to die but he isn’t brave enough to die by himself, so he tries to use the death penalty. ” I had an opinion of the former but I understand this fact thanks to them. There are many reasons that didn’t occur to me like they said. However, I don’t know the relation between the death penalty and the murder rate exactly. I hope someone will clarify this relation and carry out the best measures as soon as possible.

Hiroto

0 comments: