CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 08, 2006

The Roma’s Gypsies by Kim

Gypsies are everywhere in Romania. There are several classes of gypsy. One of them is affluent groups such as musicians that can travel to the West. And also affluent are those who sell fine products like rugs. They are living in houses. But most of them are poor. They migrate with covered wagons. They have things to sell, but are just as likely to make their living by begging. Based on linguistic and anthropological evidence, many people are thinking that they have migrated from Europe in the early 15th century.

I heard that Gypsy is a wanderer of Europe. They love music and could play music very well. When I went to Sevilla, which is the south-western area in Spain that is famous for Flamenco. I saw their performance. I was impressed by their performance at that time. I also had the opportunity to visit their village, Sacromonte, nearby the Alhambra palace. But it was a surprise to me. They lived in a dugout. My guide told me they do not want to live in the house which was given to them by the government. They did not feel comfortable there. So I think that their lives are like a heritage museum.

0 comments: