CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

EU’s gender gap still wide open

I visited BBCsite. This site is another BBC news item which takes news from everywhere online. I read ‘EU’s gender gap still wide open’ in this site. It explains a new policy about the imbalance of genders to take a job in Europe. In many countries in Europe, women have a higher grade education than men. However, women not only get lower pay than men, but also a have lower employment rate than men. So, the institute in Europe will enforce a new policy to improve all of rate that is gender balance.

I think this matter is not a problem of only Europe. Other countries have the same problems in a area of gender balance. In my country, Korea, we have similar problems. Most of all, Asians tend toward paternalism which is centered on the father. So, this matter may be more of anextreme problem than in Europe. In my country, women receive as much education as men, but many women do housework after marriage even now. I think it will require people’s change of heart in order to solve the problem.

By Hyunsung Cho/B

0 comments: