CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Goose with the Golden Eggs (Aesop’s Fable )

The Goose with the Golden Eggs
- Aesop’s Fable -


A countryman had a goose that gave him golden eggs every day in the story of The Goose whth the Golden Eggs by Aesop’s Fable. He became rich because he sold the golden eggs, but he thought he was still avaricious. He killed the goose in order to get many golden eggs at one time. When he opened the goose’s stomach, he couldn’t find any golden eggs there. So he lost the good opportunity to get golden eggs. This was a result of his too many desires.

This is a famous example of Aesop’s Fables. Most children in the world might have read it. I also have read the fairy tale books that my parents bought me pleasantly. It was a brief and interesting story and it gave us a good lesson. This reminds me of my elementary school life. One day my teacher said that if we had too many desires, it was very dangerous for us to fall in the fail. So we should try to make effort step by step. I think this is a good story for children, so I’d like to recommend it to children’s parents, even if they enjoy watching T.V or video instead of reading books.

Kim

0 comments: